Sunday, September 10, 2006

I've Watched a Gem Today...

Dear friends, I've watched a Gem today. The type of gem thats rare and beautiful...

Sarong Banggi
a Film by Emman Dela Cruz
(showing at SM Cinemas on a 1 week period only! From Sept 6-12.)

It's really unplanned, I'm just at SM Manila to buy the MMV-200 my tita asked me. I was inside Booksale with ate Lalaine when I suddenly uttered "Sarong Banggi"(I've read somewhere about it and that's it!) After ate Lalaine left, I immediately went to the cinemas and to my surprise, the Sarong Banggi trailer was being shown at the small TV near Cinema 1.


The trailer was really wonderful. I watched it for about 8 times without noticing the crowd gathering beside me.

When I was in the process of buying the ticket, the "Takilyera" asked me, "Cinema 1, Sarong Banggi?". I answered yes the she asked me the same question again.

At the entrace of Cinema 1, the lady guard, takilyera, saleslady (whatever its called) asked me again the question asked by Ms. Takilyera. Maybe they can't believe I'm watching... Its just so distracting.

(The trailer at the T.V. and poster of the movie[3rd one].)

Anyway, I went inside 4:32 PM but the next screening would be at 5:10 so I just squat near the CR at the hallowed hallway of SM Cinema 1. I listened some music from my phone in order to isolate me from the movie's sound and thereby spoiling me. The funny thing are the people, whenever they passed at me, would look at me puzzled. Maybe its their first time to see a man sitting in an Indian position inside the cinema.

5:10PM. What happened next is pure emotional roller coaster combined with Ube Ice Cream topped with gravel and mixed using the smallest spoon available at the fastest R/PM known to man. ITS PURELY WONDERFUL! my god, the UFO (they prefer smaller case, so "ufo") Pictures opening billboard was fantastic. and the next things undescribable. Its the first film I saw that totally isolated me from the cinema.

The next thing I know is that my feet hurts because of the super cold temperature.

The film is about a birthday boy that would be given by his friends his first sexual experience with a hooker. But because the hooker lied at the boys that she is 25 years old, they left her. But as the boys parted ways, birthday boy returned to the place of the hooker and a bond between them develops. I'll stop now. Go watch the film! ITS GOOOOOD!

(Stolen from Ms. Michiko's Friendster Profile.)

The hooker is Jackyln Jose (Shes the most beautiful prostitute I've seen.), and the birthday boy is Angelo Illagan (he resembles Bembol Roco, younger of course).

My only criticism is the credits. The red part of the credits cant be seen.. (Or its just the SANYO projector SM are using?)

Anyway, the film is good for the soul. Grabe. ANG GANDA!

Thanks to the magnificent handling by the director, Dir. Emman Dela Cruz and to UFO Pictures for bringing us this film. (How I wish to be a part of the elite circle of the ufo namely Michico Yamamoto, Raymond Lee, Ned Trespeces, Jade Castro, Emman Dela Cruz, etc... Kahit P.A. lang or volunteer.)

Go watch it before its too late.
You can't find this at your suki in Quiapo
.

SPLENDID!

(did I spell "undescribable" right?)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Sunday, September 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kakainis ka naman eh.. i thought wee gonna watch it.. i was sick lang naman ehhh

 
At Sunday, September 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amf.. tlga.. c paula 2

 
At Sunday, September 10, 2006, Blogger Dos Ocampo said...

Theres no prob. I can watch it again with you! Grabe... ganda...

How I wish I can make a film like that...

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've watched it and twas beautiful. Wanted to watch it again, too bad its only at SM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home